Our Byron Bay Vertigo Workshop ran on Saturday the 25th of October at the Byron Bay Community Centre
You can download the lecture notes by clicking the links below. An optional test is also available. Should you wish to complete this please email the AMSN at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send it off to Rudi for further assessment.
Some highlights from the Event
Would you like to advance your understanding and management skills of Vertigo while earning your CPD hours?
This AMSN interprofessional workshop will run on
Saturday the 25th of October 2014 from 1-5 pm in Byron Bay.
This workshop will give you skills to
* Effectively diagnosis and Categorize vestibular disorders
* Review Red Flags and indicators for further referral
* Learn the latest cutting edge treatment options for this condition.
This workshop is suitable for allied health and general practitioners and will also be good opportunity for networking and obtaining CPD hours.
The workshop will be held at Byron Bay Community Center.
1. Dr Rudi Gerhadt (Osteopath and SCU staff member)
2. Dr Damien Ford (General Practitioner)
Rudi will present his material in the format below
- Classification of Dizziness/Vertigo
- Related Anatomy
- Differential Diagnosis of Dizziness/Vertigo
- Causes of Hearing Disturbances
- Substitute Words used by Patients
- History of Dizzy Patient
- General Strategy
- Common Causes of Vertigo 10. Appendix
– Ruling out red flags
– An overview of the medical diagnosis and management of vestibular disorders
– A review of pharmacological options associated with the treatment of vestibular disorders
– When to refer for further management.
This workshop was assesed by COCA for 4 formal CPD hour. For other professions please consult your relevant AHPRA board.